Gina is a person who was encouraged to be independent by her parents, Norm and Laura. She is an only child who matured quickly, because her parents took her everywhere. Gina is very social and loves to spend lots of time with family, friends, her husband Shaun, and their cat, Lily.
If you really want to know Gina you need to spend some time over a meal with her. She loves to cook, and she cooks almost every night. Although she frequently cooks from imagination, Pinterest has allowed her to try hundreds of new recipes. But the favorite in the house is probably homemade chili. Fortunately for Shaun, after eating some of Gina’s spicy hot chili, he can soothe his tongue with a piece of one of her homemade fruit pies. She loves to make homemade pie crust.
As an attorney who is serving seniors and their families, Gina reflects that one of her most important life relationships was with her grandfather, Papa Norm. He loved family holidays and lavished energy and ingenuity in making those holidays into festivals. She hopes to follow in his footsteps when she has her own children and grandchildren. She says, “Papa helped make each holiday special for me.”
Gina is happy to serve as an elder law attorney at Law ElderLaw, and gives everyone a warm welcome and a cheery smile.
- Juris Doctor (Law Degree)—Northern Illinois University—magna cum laude
- Bachelor of Arts in English Literature—Knox College—cum laude
- 2015 Emerging Lawyer—Leading Lawyers
- 2011 Illinois Rising Star—Super Lawyers
- 2010 Rising Star—Super Lawyers
- “Watch Your Mailbox: Your Health Insurance May be Terminated: A Guide to the New Managed Care Program for Illinois Healthcare Participants,” Published in the Kane County Bar Association Bar Briefs (2014) and the Illinois State Bar Association Elder Law Newsletter (2014)
- “Personal Care Contracts: A Necessary Evil for Illinois Families,” DuPage County Bar Briefs (2013)
- Kane County Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Aurora Downtown Board, Board Member & Committee Chair