In my role as lead attorney of the Law ElderLaw organization, it is my job to surround myself with people who are committed to serving our clients in a world class manner. We must be people who are trustworthy and client-oriented. Our team must see itself as an organization where not only our clients, but also our co-workers, are treated with respect and courtesy and a heartfelt commitment to put the interests of others above our own. We can only provide world class service when we ourselves live out the Golden Rule in such a way that we imagine what we would want and then grab the initiative and do that for others.
I invite my clients to hold me personally accountable for the actions, performance, and results of anyone on our team. My commitment to building a world class organization is a commitment that is never-ending.
- Named the #1 elder law estate planning attorney for the past 8 years in a row by Leading Lawyers Magazine (2008 – 2016)
- Juris Doctor of Laws, Northern Illinois University College of Law
- Attorney 1983 to present, concentrating in the areas of federal income tax, estate planning, disability, veterans benefits, and Medicaid assistance
- Veterans Administration Accredited Attorney — www.va.gov
- Member, National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys (NAELA) — www.naela.org
- General session presenter at NAELA spring conference 2008, Maui
- Board member, NAELA Senior Rights Political Action Committee
- Member of the Elder Abuse Sub-committee of the 16th Judicial Circuit Court of Illinois, Family Violence Committee
- Chosen by other attorneys as member of the Leading Lawyer Network, see www.leadinglawyers.com
- Member, Elder Counsel, a national organization of attorneys providing both estate planning and legal counsel focused on the issues of longevity, disability, and long-term healthcare. — www.eldercounsel.com
- Member, Special Needs Alliance (SNA), a national organization committed to helping individuals with disabilities and their families — www.specialneedsalliance.org
- Member, Academy of Special Needs Planners — www.specialneedsplanners.com
- Member, National Organization of Veterans Advocates (NOVA) — www.vetadvocates.com
- Approved speaker and advisor for the Provena Medical System Speaker’s Bureau
- Author of articles which have been published by a number of legal bar journals, NAELA News, Chicago area newspapers, and the Illinois Institute of Continuing Legal Education
- Member, American Association of Trust, Estate, and Elder Law Attorneys (AATEELA) — www.aateela.org
- Associate member, Affordable Assisted Living Coalition — www.aalconline.org
- Legal counsel for numerous churches and volunteer organizations
- Advisory board member of Joni & Friends, Chicago (a ministry to the disabled) — http://chicago.joniandfriends.org/index.php
- Past president, Illinois Land Title Association, 2002-2003 — www.illinoislandtitle.org
- Bilingual English/Spanish speaker
I am married to Rosemary Law and we have four children, Adam, Diana, Catherine, and Ethan, and four grandchildren, Lucy, Daphne, Evan, and Phoebe.