In my role as lead attorney of the Law ElderLaw organization, it is my job to surround myself with people who are committed to serving our clients in a world class manner. We must be people who are trustworthy and client-oriented. Our team must see itself as an organization where not only our clients, but also our co-workers, are treated with respect and courtesy and a heartfelt commitment to put the interests of others above our own. We can provide world class service only when we ourselves live out the Golden Rule in such a way that we imagine what we would want, and then grab the initiative and do that for others.
I invite my clients to hold me personally accountable for the actions, performance, and results of anyone on our team. My commitment to building a world class organization is a commitment that is never-ending.
I am married to Rosemary Law and we have four children – Adam, Diana, Catherine, and Ethan – and four grandchildren – Lucy, Daphne, Evan, and Phoebe.
- Juris Doctor of Laws, Northern Illinois University College of Law
- Past president, Illinois Land Title Association (2002-2003)
- Practicing attorney 1983 to present, concentrating in the areas of federal income tax, estate planning, disability, veterans’ benefits, and Medicaid assistance
- Founder and lead attorney of Law ElderLaw, LLP
- Named the #1 elder law and estate planning attorney in Illinois for the past nine years by Leading Lawyers magazine (2008-2016)
- Appointed Kendall County Public Guardian in 2016 – tasked with protecting incapacitated seniors who are without honest and reliable loved ones
- Member, National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys (NAELA) – www.naela.org
- Member, American Association of Trust, Estate, and Elder Law Attorneys (AATEELA) – www.aateela.org
- Co-author of the book Alzheimers and the Law: Counseling Clients with Dementia and Their Families – a Textbook for Lawyers (published in 2013 by the American Bar Association
- Co-author of the book Cruising Through Retirement: Avoiding the Potholes (2nd edition)
- Author of articles published by a number of legal bar journals, NAELA News, Chicago area newspapers, and the Illinois Institute of Continuing Legal Education (IICLE)
- Presenter of continuing legal education for organizations which include the Illinois State Bar Association; the National Academy of Estate Planning Attorneys (NAELA); the Illinois Institute of Continuing Legal Education (IICLE); the Kane County Bar Association; the American Academy of Estate, Elder Law, and Trust Attorneys (AATEELA); the Cook County Bar Association; and the Wealth Counsel annual symposium.
- Bilingual English/Spanish speaker