- Helping couples with long-term care issues to improve the quality of life for both the ill spouse and the well spouse.
- Helping couples with long-term care issues plan for improved survivor care financial benefits after the death of the ill spouse.
- Assisting the over-65 wartime veteran who may qualify for certain benefits to pay for in-home healthcare assistance and/or assisted living facility costs.
- Creating supplemental care trusts designed to pay expenses for frail seniors so they will be able to use their own assets for personal and medical expenses, while at the same time qualifying for Medicaid to pay for their nursing home care.
- Providing seniors with appropriate estate planning and trusts designed to fulfill the goal of leaving a legacy to the family.
- Assisting senior couples distressed by long-term care issues to improve the well spouse’s quality of life both now and after the death of the ill spouse.
It is rare for today’s senior to have a long-term care insurance policy with sufficient benefits to provide meaningful help with nursing home expenses.
Without health insurance benefits, they are forced to pay out-of-pocket for any home health assistance or any assisted living facility care.
At Law Elder Law we have a mantra: “We never want our clients to be out of money and out of options.”
While there is an incredible amount of information and risk when it comes to long-term
care, we know the honest ways to protect you, your loved ones, and your independence.
Too many families needlessly lose everything they have. Don’t let that be you. If you need help paying the overwhelming cost of long term care, give our office a call at 800-310-3100. Your first consultation is absolutely free. We’ll let you know what steps you need to take, right now, to protect yourself and your family. Call now, because when you’re out of money, you’re out of options!
Rick L. Law, Attorney, Estate Planner for Retirees.
Rick was named the #1 Illinois elder law estate planning attorney by Leading Lawyer Magazine. He has been quoted in the Wall Street Journal, AARP Magazine, TheStreet.com, and numerous newspapers and articles. Rick is the lead attorney for Law Elder Law, LLP, focusing in Estate Planning, Guardianship, and Nursing Home Solutions. His goal is to give retirees an informed edge when it comes to dealing with an uncertain future. Get flexible retirement strategies that work during good times and bad, plus information on how you can save your home and assets from being used to pay for long term care. Appointments available in Chicago, Aurora, Oak Brook, Schaumburg, and Joliet. Call 800-310-3100 for your free consultation now!
By Rick Law, Elder Law Attorney and Senior Advocate in Western Chicagoland, Illinois.
The elder law a!orney provides legal advice and counsel to seniors so they can protect their home, their loved ones and their independence.
We counsel clients so that they know the law. Just as a tax attorney advises clients how to arrange their financial affairs to provide the best financial outcome under the law, we counsel our clients on how to arrange their affairs to provide the best financial benefits under the law, as it relates to long-term care.
We work within the law to lessen the financial assault of long-term health care expenses.
We wish to provide a means to help our clients to pay for quality healthcare and to avoid being in a situation where they have been reduced to having only $2,000 of assets and a personal needs allowance of only $30.
Some of the options that exist under the law include: