“Important Questions To Ask When A Loved One is Diagnosed With Dementia”
By Rick Law, Elder Law and Estate Planning Attorney at the Estate Planning Center at Law Elder Law in West Suburban Aurora, IL. Just off the I-88 Tollway. There are several important questions that every person should ask their healthcare provider when a loved one has been diagnosed with dementia. Some of these questions include:
- What is the current stage of the illness?
- What needs will we be expected to met?
- How well can they care for themselves?
- To what extent can they understand their affairs, financial and otherwise?
- Will they qualify for any federal or state benefits? If so, which ones?
- Who, if anyone, is available and able to act as the primary caregiver?
- know they are making a will;
- know and remember the natural objects of their bounty;
- comprehend the character and extent of their property; and
- make the disposition of their property according to a plan formed in their mind