Diana M. Law brings a freshness and energy to her attorney-client relationships. She has dedicated herself to becoming a complete professional, and she also serves within the community. She has been very fortunate to work with some of the finest estate planners and litigators in northern Illinois, and she has experience in the difficult emotional environment that often surrounds families in crisis. Her interpersonal giftedness has been considered by many to be an anchor in the midst of a storm.
In recent years, Diana has been the recipient of many accolades from her peers, including in 2011 when she was elected the youngest ever President of the Kane County Bar Association. More recently, in 2015, she was featured in Chicago Daily Law Bulletin’s Leading Lawyer magazine as one of the 2015, 40 under 40 young lawyers in IL.
At Law Elder Law, Diana serves her clients in the area of Elder Law, including any related litigation such as guardianships, financial abuse of elders, and estate administration. Due to her fluency in Spanish, she is often sought out by the Spanish-speaking community for assistance.
Diana spent all of her childhood in northern Illinois; nonetheless, she has developed an international point of view because she has had the opportunity to study languages and cultures in various countries from Papua New Guinea to the Czech Republic. She has also studied in Mexico, Spain, Costa Rica, and Guatemala. She has achieved a level of fluency in Spanish that allows her to serve clients in both English and Spanish. In fact, Diana has taught Spanish at both the junior high and high school level in New Jersey.
In 2012, Diana was appointed to be the Kane County Public Guardian and Administrator by Gov. Pat Quinn and was re-appointed in 2015 by Gov. Bruce Rauner. The county’s public guardian is appointed for people with more than $25,000 in assets, but a judge has deemed them incapable of managing their physical or financial affairs. Often, the wards are completely or nearly alone. As Public Guardian for Kane County, Diana and her team are entrusted with protecting residents who have no one else to help them.
- Goshen College, B.A. (Cum Laude), majoring in Spanish and Sociology/Anthropology Northern Illinois University College of Law, Juris Doctorate (Cum Laude)
- Admitted to Bar, State of Illinois — 2004
- Kane County Public Guardian and Public Administrator.
- Member, National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys (NAELA)
- Member, Former President, Kane County Bar Association
- Member, DuPage County Bar Association
- Member, Chicago Bar Association
- Member, Illinois State Bar Association
- Elder Law Counsel
- Women and the Law Committee
- Nominated by Leading Lawyer magazine as one of the 2015, 40 under 40 young lawyers in IL
- Youngest Elected President of the Kane County Bar Association (2011-2012)
- Appointed Kane County Public Guardian and Administrator, Re-appointed in 2015.
- Kane County Bar Association 2007 Outstanding New Lawyer of the Year recipient
- Second Vice President of the Board of Managers for the Kane County Bar Association
- Named a Super Lawyers “Rising Star” in the area of elder law — 2009
- Diana is the proud mother of Lucy and Evan.
Why Choose Us?
Qualified, Experienced Attorneys
Leaders in the Industry
We've Been Through it Personally
Language You Can Understand
Answers to Your Burning Questions
Make Your Money Last as Long as You Do
LEL Client Promises
We promise to fulfill the Golden Rule: we strive to serve you and your family in the manner we wish to be served.
We promise to explain complex legal concepts in simple ways.
We promise to use our skills and knowledge to help you keep more of what you have.
We promise to continuously improve our skills; solutions and services so that you may enjoy the benefits and privileges that the law guarantees.